Monday, February 21, 2011

ROOT BEER FLOAT CUPCAKES

Because I was so disappointed with the taste of my absinthe cupcakes, I decided to make a new cupcake a few days later. My sweet tooth wasn't satisfied for the week. I decided to try and make a cupcake that R was appealed to, which was a root beer float cupcake.

I looove root beer floats. I also looove coke floats. When in middle school, I was one of those kids that had their parents drop them off at the skating rink on Friday & Saturday nights. I was also one of those kids that didn't rent any skates - I just walked around in my shoes (proudly), talked with my friends when they weren't skating & falling on their asses, played the arcade games & drank coke/root beer floats in the concession court area. I also ended up going out with a guy that everyone in the skating rink had the hots for. He was a grade below me, but cute as hell, and the relationship ended up being the most retarded thing I've ever done. Because of that guy, I date no one younger than me.

Okay, enough with the awkward nostalgia...

These cupcakes turned out great. Everyone loved them. A few co-workers of R's believed them to be the best I've made yet. The recipe called for root beer extract, but because I couldn't find any around, I used the only thing I could find - root beer concentrate. Even with the concentrate, the cupcakes turned out fine, but I still want to try to make them again whenever I decide to order some extract from AMAZON. At first, I thought the frosting was too sweet, but that may have been because I licked the frosting off the beaters before trying a cupcake. There was another frosting recipe that went with the root beer float cupcakes that I rather had made, but lacked cream soda extract and could find nothing to substitute it with.

Regardless, the recipe made four dozen mini cupcakes and they were gone in a day. I ended up making another batch of a dozen standard cupcakes to share with R's family because his father is a root beer fanatic. Both of his parents loved them and had requested more samples whenever I bake new batches of different cupcakes.

R grading (A-): He loved them. I was pleased to see it because I made the cupcakes pretty much just for him and his father. I told him about the cream soda frosting and after he thought about it for a second, said that he like the frosting just the way it was.

B grading: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment