Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CHOCOLATE CHERRY PEPSI CUPCAKES WITH GLAZE AND COKE ICING

Because the root beer cupcakes were popular last week, I thought I'd try another soda cupcake recipe: Cherry Pepsi. I also wanted to do a cupcake that I thought R would favor and he does loooove his Cherry Pepsis. 

It was a lot more work than I thought. I was scrambling like hell to finish them on time. I didn't even have time to taste them fresh. I'm usually the first to taste the finish product, to make sure they're worthy of sharing with friends and family, but I was in such a rush - I was unable to. When I finally tasted them, I wasn't all too pleased, but it's probably because I'm not a fan of cherries. I enjoy myself a Cherry Pepsi, but I have to be in a certain mood for them. I won't grab one at the gas station as idly as a regular Pepsi, Mountain Dew or water. 

R, on the other hand, loved the cherry filling, but couldn't taste a drop of Pepsi. This kind of shocked me because there seemed to be a lot of Pepsi in the recipe. Now, if I'm ever going to make some Coke- or Pepsi-flavored cupcakes, I need to find me some Coke or Pepsi flavoring to add to the recipe. Using sodas alone just doesn't seem like it's going to cut it. 

I found a new baking supply website that I find to be awesome called SWEET!. They have a ton of flavorings that I'm wanting to purchase soon (like Cola, of course). I also have a recipe for mimosa cupcakes that I'm going to make for a friend on her birthday that needs champagne flavoring for the frosting. It sounds delicious and I'm anxious to try them myself, let alone my mimosa-obsessed buddy. What sucks is that her birthday is in May.. so no need to start dreaming about the champagne flavoring now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment